Tuesday 29 October 2013

November 2013

Autumn Goings On

We had an incredible Fall with stunning colours and blue sky most of the time. That is the best recipe for inspiration and productivity in the studio for me!
Here are some of my new paintings.


Fall Delight 
 Acrylic on canvas
48x57





Above the Clouds
Acrylic on canvas
30x40



Fall Landscape
acrylic on canvas
12x12


Three ways to look at one painting!

When I start a painting I have a rough idea about the colours and the mood I want to give. Then I go with my instinct and feeling of the moment. It is like my painting is asking me for certain things to happen. I veil, add and change until I feel it makes sense to me. Sometimes I turn the painting and continue until I feel I cannot add anything to it.

So lets have a bit of fun with this painting!

Here is the same painting that I think looks quite different as you turn it.

Play the game and think what you see in each of the three versions.

Take some time to think about it.

Below I will tell you what I see.








Three Ways
Acrylic on canvas 
30x30

What did you see?

Here is what I see.

On top I see an abstract painting with shapes and fall colours
In the middle is a face with eyes, nose and ears
The bottom painting has a landscape feel to it





Berlin, Germany

Also the Berlin Art Market started on October 25th  
Here are two of the 48 painting I have in the show


8x8


24x24


Here is the link to learn more about the Berlin Art Market:

It is going to be on for three months until the end of January 2014




 Art Super Market of Soleure Switzerland
Opening night on November 8th, continues until January 5th

Here are two of the 52 paintings that I will have in this show


16x16


24x24

Here is the link to the Soleure Art Market



Thanks for reading my blog,
Catherine







No comments: